under pressure

Paul bought a blood pressure meter a while ago, because he was worried his BP was high. Invariably, it's turned out to be quite normal, whereas mine is pretty low - Paul seems surprised I can function at all. Today we finally got around to checking out what is a low BP online, and luckily mine is just high enough to keep me safe from fainting. We also checked our BMIs (I'm very annoyed to find that I've moved from underweight to healthy since I last checked mine). A cholesterol test is next on my list, as that's more concerning given my cheese consumption, but there's no rush on that. The one Paul used, bought in Boots, was expensive, astonishingly complex to operate, and required a non-colourblind person with quick reflexes to determine the result. Also, embarrassingly, I'm not sure that I'm up for lancing my finger to access some blood - it's hard to imagine that I'm capable of pumping out a "falling drop" quantity anyway, with such low internal pressure...