Endorsement histogram

I don't think LinkedIn endorsements really mean anything - just whether LinkedIn users click buttons to make annoying sections of screen go away :)

Nonetheless, it's amusing to see what people think one is good at.  Here's me, today:

This probably isn't far off reality, although as something of a generalist with a habit of hopping disciplines every few years, it perhaps doesn't reflect each period of my professional life equally well. I suspect there are more people who know me through engineering on LinkedIn than there are people who know I've done work in open source.

It will be interesting to see if this profile evolves over time (assuming LinkedIn keep the feature), and especially if it tracks as I do different things, or whether the existing biases in the endorsements will merely become more strongly emphasised (if the prompts to endorse me are based on existing endorsements). Hmm.