Facebook explosion

Of late, I've realised how much my web usage has moved on. I no longer want to work my way through a pile of comics pages each day, but most still don't provide RSS feeds. I prefer the ones which give me a feed, as they make my daily web trawl shorter. I now see that some comics offer Facebook feeds!

There's a side point there about RSS feeds and how minor, advertising supported websites can manage with them. With comics, I am very happy to subscribe to a feed with both the images and some news items, so I'll still see a request to buy a book or T shirt to support the site, but I won't see the site-supporting ads. I detest partial RSS feeds, and will opt to visit only rarely a site that uses them, rather than regularly headline-checking in a feed reader and sometimes clicking through.

Now even my boss is on Facebook, raising the topical question of whether such people should be one's Friends, if they are just colleagues; but is it wise to refuse a friend invitation from one's line manager? A nightmare of office politics there. All the new kids on the block, such as Michael's younger siblings, are on Bebo, apparently.