Googleness

Paul seems thrilled by Google Page Creator; Dave Winer is uninspired; I haven't had time to look at it. However, I have found out why I, unlike all my friends, still don't have googletalk integrated into GMail! This is quite convenient in fact, as when I was briefly using one of my other gmail accounts the chat features were quite intrusive, and as I use gmail exclusively for email at present, I was quite glad not to have the feature yet. However, being able to chat anywhere, on PCs where one cannot install software, say, is useful. Anyway, I now know how to toggle between the 2 states of chat and no chat - they correspond exactly to having gmail's language set to English-US and English-UK, respectively. Gmail chat in other languages is, of course, on the way. Hmm.


And I leave the following as an exercise to the reader. Is getting to a state where one is waiting for one's startup to be bought by Google a good goal to have in life?